Massage Policies and Procedures
It is our intention to provide all guests with a professional and therapeutic treatment. The following policies and procedures serve as a guide for first-time and regular guests. We understand that unanticipated events occur in every one’s life. Unforeseen events such as car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines, are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling an appointment. In our commitment to provide a unique and outstanding experience to all clients and out of consideration for our time, we have adopted the following policies:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please arrive for your appointment 5 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to fill out the appropriate client form (new clients), change and prepare for the service. All treatments have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience. If late arrival is inevitable, your treatment(s) may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives me enough time to fill the appointment. If a client fails to cancel within 4 hours, they will be charged a fee in the amount of HALF the appointment cost and asked to pre-pay for future treatments.
NO SHOW POLICY
Clients who fail to show for appointments will be charged a fee in the amount of the HALF appointment cost and will be asked to pre-pay for future treatment. It is important that your massage therapist is compensated for reserved time. New clients will be asked for a deposit to hold their appointment time, charges will only be incurred if client does not keep their reserved time.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
We regret that late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.
OTHER MASSAGE POLICIES:
Prior to each session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with me you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and will be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Myothers Massage, LLC only employs licensed professionals that are held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply advanced therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- We are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be un-draped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment – or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
RESPECT FOR THERAPIST
- Cell phones: Please be sure your cell phone is turned off. You’re here to relax.
- Please remove all eyeglasses, jewelry, watches and chewing gum before the massage starts.
- Once the massage begins, let your mind focus on your therapist’s hands and your body’s sensations. This focus permits a deep, rejuvenating body-mind relaxation that is not possible when your mind is mentally and emotionally engaged in talking, listening, and thinking. It is at this deep level of relaxation that your body’s self-healing processes operate naturally and spontaneously.
- Let your body be heavy and sink deeply into the table’s cushioning. Be limp and don’t “help” your therapist when they move you, such as lifting your arm or turning your head to one side. The Therapist will instruct you if any movement needs to be made by you.
- People often stop or limit their breathing when they feel anxious or when a sensitive area is being massaged. Let your inhalations and exhalations be slow and deep to minimize any discomfort and maximize the effects of the massage.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities. The massage session will be ended and payment of the full session will be due. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
- We do not massage anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- Dawn is happy to listen to your conversation and share professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, religious, private or sexual nature.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
If you have any questions on the above information, please direct them to Dawn Sheppard at 214-556-3711.